Monday, April 18, 2011

You Know You Live In A Mixed Community When...

You walk in the building and it smells like curry, you hear hardcore R&B wailing from a car pulling in the parking lot and a bunch of guys are playing cricket outside on a nice day.

I admit I thought about taking a picture... but it would have been obvious and a little awkward and yeah. I didn't take one.

So this actually has nothing to do with what I wanted to post today. :)

I've been needing a coffee table for awhile now. A long while. And Johnny has one that he's eventually going to give me, but until that happens I had to improvise. A couple of friends gave me these wire cube things you can put together in whatever shape and I had a few left from the yarn holder I put together (go here for that story!) . Downside is that it's see through and looked a little funny so I grabbed foam board and a few records and this is what came out.



At some point I'll probably use the silver Sharpies I have and doodle on top. We'll have to wait and see. For now I'm only using it to rest things on, I'm afraid to prop my feet on it because it might bend or something.

Anywho, I just wanted to share my random craftiness. Sorry I have posted more, I really haven't had much I wanted to say. I'll work on that and get back to you. ;)

Off to the park for a run!! Loving this beautiful weather, hope you all are too! And I'll be posting later about my weekend, it was full of surprises!

1 comment:

Gwiddle said...

Haha I love it! It is so funny what things we can come up with when we are desperate for them! It looks cool!