Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm Too Tired for Titles.

I care so much about the Super Bowl that I made a point of driving the 2.5 hour trip back to Cincinnati just when it was going on. Yup. It's that big of a deal to me.

I'm "home" now. Most of my stuff is unpacked but I have more clothes than I will ever have room for so tomorrow after work I get to organize my closet. Again. And then repack four days later for a weekend trip back to good ole nc.

Somehow all of this is easier when I'm with my family. Then it feels as though we're just waiting for Mom to come back from vacation. Now I have to deal with the reality of going back to work and paying bills and all of that nonsense without the periodical updates from Dad about when Mom's next treatment is or a text from Mom asking for help creating a group for her contacts on her phone. When I lived in Connecticut sometimes I would call home and have long conversations with my Mom about cooking and coupons and phones and work and life in general.

It's so much easier to pretend she's on vacation.

During my drive, once I got bored of music, I allowed my mind to slowly build, piece by piece, topic by topic, chapter by chapter, the book I am now determined to write. It will be a long haul, involving lots of emails overseas and to my relatives and Mom's friends and outlining and writing and revising and finding someone to publish it for me and whatever else it takes to write a book. Quite honestly, I don't care much if it sells. I just want to share my beautiful mother with the world and also fulfill my lifelong goal of publishing a book. I will need support from all of you, my wonderful readers. Help me keep on writing!

Anyway, I really hope that as time goes on sleeping actually grants me rest. Till then, I get to wake up at 5:30am for work for the first time in three and a half weeks. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

TacoBelle95 said...

Darling, she's on vacation and you'll go to be with her one day. I know how it feels. I'm sorry you have to be alone during this time. I love you, Aunt Polly

TacoBelle95 said...

Darling, She really is just on vacation and you will go to be with her one day. I know how it feels. Sending lots of hugs your way. I love you, Aunt Polly

Erin said...

Hey lady - not that we know each other but I do live in Cincinnati. If you ever need a break and want to go for lunch or something let me know! I love to catch up with fellow Muskies. My email is erinmolden@gmail.com. Good luck with that 5:30 am thing...that is super early!

Shellie M said...

If everyone who was somehow touched by your mom's life buys a copy of your book, you will be a millionaire.

Doesn't it feel like the world should stop for something this big? How can people do anything so trivial like sending you a bill? I hate that.

Thoughts & prayers with you as always. I for one plan to keep reading your blog, your writing is so honest and clever.

Unknown said...

Emily, You are a wonderful woman and a wonderful writer. PLEASE stay inspired to write the book, and i want to be one of the first to buy a copy!!

Unknown said...

Sorry, Cuddygirl is Lottie!!!