Sunday, January 16, 2011

Update 3

I have decided that any posts about my mom will be titled "Update". Just easier that way.

Short post, the doctor is coming by today and will probably up mom's dosages for morphine and ibuprofen. My older sister's band is coming by and giving a little acoustic concert. At 3-ish Derrick, my brother in-law, is coming back from Columbus and before Anne's fiance leaves we're going to take a family photo. My aunt and a family friend helped mom get "showered" and lotioned and dressed so she was presentable, and she'll be coming upstairs for the first time in about four days so we've been cleaning up the living room so she isn't stressed out by a messy house.

This morning we Skyped the church service to my mom and some relatives at home since she couldn't be there. Jarrod, Anne's fiance, helped another family friend hook up the computer to the television so it was a big screen and everyone could see and hear. As Jennie, my older sister, is the worship leader she began to sing Chris Rice's song "Hallelujahs" for the offering and began to cry and couldn't sing anymore. So when i saw she wasn't going to sing again anytime soon I went up there and took over the singing. A moment later Erin, the eldest sister, joined us as well. Jennie just played the piano while I sang and Erin joined in on the chorus. Halfway through i began to cry, and by the time we finished the song there were few females with dry eyes in the congregation. It was a very meaningful, special moment, and I know my dad was holding back tears as well.

Yesterday morning, around 10am, my aunt suggested I create a facebook group for my mom that anyone could join where they could post photos and memories. As of this morning the group has 144 members, in less than 24 hours. The posts just keep on coming, and before I left for church I read them to mom and showed her pictures so she could remember and know just how loved and special she is. My Aunt Polly, the one aunt who is unable to be here right now as her daughter is past due for a baby, called as well and mom talked to her on the phone for a bit. And I took a picture.
This was the first time I had seen her smile like that in days.

When my brother in-law gets here we are going to take a family photo, a photo of EVERYONE. Of Mom, Dad, Derrick and Erin, Jennie, Emily and Johnny, and Anne and Jarrod. The first and last of everyone. I promise I will post it later for everyone to see.

"The pulse of life within my wrist, the falling snow, the rising mist; There is no higher praise than this. And my soul wells up with Hallelujahs."

2 comments:

la petite lydia said...

I am praying for your mom. Would you like for me to ask for prayer for her and your family in my class?

Emily B said...

Please. Any prayer is wonderful. Thank you very much.