Thursday, February 3, 2011

Welcome!!

Welcome, Everyone, to my 25th Birthday!!!


 I am always very, very excited about my birthday, no matter what, though I'm a little annoyed with the snow and intend, at some future birthday, to be somewhere warm or go somewhere snowy that's a sweet place to be (like, idk, Germany. Iceland. etc.). But for now I will content myself with a Bob Evans breakfast with Johnny, a family dinner of my choosing with funfetti cake, and an evening with a good friend at her new house watching movies and just hanging out. A quiet, peaceful birthday, just what is needed after such a week.

We buried my mom yesterday. It was sad. It was surreal. And yet there was and will be rejoicing because our God is alive and she is safe with him and out of pain and, really, that is all that matters. So today, I will cry tears that she isn't with us to see her third daughter turn a quarter century old and yet be filled with joy because she is alive in me, and in my sisters, and in my father and in every single person she ever met or who will ever hear about her. :)

So I hope that everyone has a lovely Emily's birthday!

3 comments:

heidichandler said...

Emily,
You and I share our birthday month. When I saw on FB that today was your birthday, I must admit I cried for you. My own 30th birthday was marred by the news that the Cleveland Clinic could do no more for my Dad, that the chemo wasn't working and that they were sending him home. I had been so excited about my 30th birthday, I didn't feel 30 but I felt like it was a good place to be. I honestly don't remember much about my birthday other then that. I am glad to hear you have good plans for this day and that you are surround by your wonderful family.
Happy Birthday Emily!

Gwiddle said...

Happy Birthday Dear! I love your positive outlook on things in light of the recent passing of your mother. I am so sorry for you loss! I hope that it was a wonderful day and that you get to go somewhere warm perhaps for your 26th birthday? Have a great day sweetie!

Adam said...

Emily,
I have been in touch with you for a while, but I did hear about what you and your family has been through recently, with your mom passing. You are all in my prayers, and I am sorry that I missed being in Ohio when services were being held. Keep in touch: cironeae@gmail.com