Monday, January 31, 2011

New Perspective

Hey all!

It has been rather strange and a sad sort of relief to know that Mom is gone. Sometimes I feel like in a moment she'll come in the room to ask why I'm still awake. I know that this is natural and, in time, will begin to fade, but for now i'll mourn her death in my own quiet way.

And my birthday is on Thursday. Normally I would make a huge deal out of it, but since it'll be the day after the funeral I'm just going to spend time with friends and let this one quietly pass.

The next few days will be a flurry of activity, as we have final preparations to make and papers to buy with mom's self-written obituary inside and family to wait for and greet and then a grueling three sessions of calling hours, private graveside service and, finally, a joyful memorial to celebrate a beautiful life well lived. And then we'll all sit back and reminisce. Remember when?

Thank you all, from the depths of my heart, for your thoughts, sympathies, prayers, etc. For any who are interested in coming to the calling hours or memorial, the hours will be listed in the Daily Jeffersonian or the Times Recorder or the Plain Dealer. I look forward to meeting many of you over the next few days, and to new friendships made through our bond of sorrow.

Till then, thank you for your faithful readership. :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments: