Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mirror Mirror

Thanks to everyone who posted about my mom. Quick update, she actually went into the hospital today because of fluid build up and some abdominal pain and her hemoglobin wasn't where it should be. As she was supposed to start chemo tomorrow they wanted to get it under control. However, apparently her protein levels need to come up before it's safe to do chemo so she's being released tomorrow and won't start till next week. Frustrating, but there's really nothing can be done except pray and wait.

On to the regularly scheduled program.

I love to write on my mirror. 

Seriously. With dry erase markers. And I know I'm not the only person who does this because I got it from a mission trip I went on back in 2006. You almost couldn't see your face in the girl's bathroom due to all the writing. Ever since then I've written on my mirror, everything from quotes to Bible verses to reminders. I figure that we as women tend to use our mirrors a lot so what better place? 

As I only put up my mirror a couple of weeks ago after much time without my own mirror (my mom would not take kindly to me writing on her good bathroom mirror) it took me until yesterday to write anything on it.

This was taken with my phone and isn't very clear. Just wait until I've lived here awhile, there'll be all kinds of things scrawled across there. In case you didn't watch the video I posted of Justin Bieber the other day, this is a line from the chorus of a song I just cannot get out of my head. "I close my eyes and I can see a better day." Sounds prosaic enough, but not if you've heard the Biebs sing it. I swear all of heaven sings along. 

What about all of you? Do you write on your mirror? Or is there somewhere else that works for you?

3 comments:

Gwiddle said...

I used to have a roommate that wrote her weight on the mirror every day, she stole a bunch of my stuff and then told my landlord I stole from her?? Weirdo! haha, I had never seen anyone else do it before her, but it is a fun idea.:) I pray for your mother, that she may feel peace and strength! Also for you as well dear:)

Emily B said...

Wow, that's insane! I assume she's not your roommate anymore...
Thank you! We really appreciate any and all prayer. :)

heidichandler said...

My sister used to write names of people to pray for, and other prayer requests on her car windshield so that while she was sitting at red lights, she could pray for them. No, she did not close her eyes while praying.:-) I have wanted to but i don't think Doug would take kindly to having marker on the mirror.