Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedding Planning = a pain in the...

Okay. So. This whole guest list thing is annoyingly, ridiculously stressful. No matter what someone is going to be offended because we have a list of 266 people and cannot possibly afford to invite them all and stay under budget. With just relatives we have over 150, so this is going to be insane. Assuming they all come, of course.

We've decided to meet at the court house on Monday. Just send your gifts to my apartment.

Just kidding. We'd be shot, stabbed, quartered, buried, and then eventually used as fire starters by all the very upset relatives.

But seriously, once the guest list is taken care of everything else is easy peasy. Dad's ordering a tent, I have two options lined up for photographers, my mind is full of decorating ideas, and everything will hopefully just fall into place. Now, to make the list shorter...

I know that not everyone invited will come... but if they do, we cannot possibly afford that many people. And in the meantime, it is seriously stressing me out. That, and my messy apartment. The lack of money and food was also contributing, but since I got paid and went shopping that ship has sailed and left the Nina and the Santa Maria for me to contend with. The cleaning ship will depart this weekend, since I FINALLY will be staying home for the first time in over a month and will be deep cleaning everything in this place, putting things away, sorting through the mail, etc. And it will help my stress levels immensely. I also hope to invest in some plants for my balcony.

Till then, I'll just continue to throw things across the room. It makes me feel better.

1 comment:

Shellie M said...

I remember that feeling, and I don't envy you! Maybe this will help: We invited about 150 people, hoping that 120 or less would come. We had about 104 RSVP yes, so that's how many we set up the reception hall for. The day of, I'd say 90 people came to the wedding, and maybe 80 stayed for the reception. All that worry about seating charts for NOTHING.