Monday, February 21, 2011

Apartment Excitement.

I've decided that, since I'll be living in this apartment at least until September, I need more color. Most apartments nowadays are all white and beige and boorrring. So today I FINALLY hung up my Indian bead curtain and used what are supposed to be regular curtains as a kind of decor. It took this long because I kept forgetting to borrow a staple gun from my Dad and/or sister.

However, I also went to Ikea for my very first time ever and discovered a $20 coffee table I'm really excited about
and this rug, which I love love love. Both of these are for my living room, which looks overly large and kind of boring.

Then I went to Urban Outfitters (the website... sadly, there is no U.O. store around here) which I absolutely adore due to its uniqueness, and I really want to create something like this, only bigger, for my living room wall.
My only sadness is U.O.'s lack of anything lavender or purple in general. There's lots of antique colors, but very little in the way of blue or purple. As I have recently discovered/decided my favorite color is any shade of purple this makes me very sad. However, I still love this duvet cover
and this one
and I'm hoping that dear Johnny likes at least one of them...

In either case, I am slowly but surely giving my living space more personality, and by registering Johnny and I can give our eventual living space (assuming it isn't this apartment) an Emily/Johnny flair. I really just love making my space my own. :)

Here is a.) Christmas lights covered by a sheer curtain I had no other use for and b.) the reason I'm so interested in duvet covers. While, yes, this bed spread is heinous that is not the reason I'm looking. Call me strange (Mom always did...) but I absolutely adore this spread. No, the reason I'm looking at duvet covers is because with this new wall covering my room is basically all one color and I'd like to add some interest. Plus, I love antique floral prints.
And here is the bead curtain I finally hung with two more of the originally unused curtains. Yes, I did that drawing you see on the wall as well. 

Hopefully I can find contact paper (did you know walmart.com has NO IDEA what contact paper is??? What is this world coming to!) so I can create that tree decal for my wall. I have a number of family photos on the wall that I'd love to connect together using the tree, and then create another for a different part of the wall that is currently bare. The more time I spend here the more personality this place will have. And it helps that the Ikea is literally a ten minute drive up I-75 from my apartment. :DD

Apparently I go back to work at the office most likely on Wednesday this week. I'm actually rather looking forward to it. And on Friday I'm supposed to go roller skating with a group of my friends I haven't seen in awhile! I'm so super excited, mostly about the roller skating part but especially for the hanging with friends WHILE skating part! I love love roller skating and rarely ever go so here's my chance! 

But for now I'm going to get up off my keester and do a workout. I've been a lazy bum and it's actually starting to show and I can't let that happen! I'm in a wedding in just over three months and then I have my own wedding in six and a half months - whoa. That's kind of really soon - and summer is literally right around the corner. Time to go sweat! Wish me luck! 

2 comments:

Shellie M said...

I've seen etsy sellers that do custom wall vinyls similar to that, and I bet they could do one in any color you want. Plus you could peel it off & take it with you when you move!

Jenny N said...

I love those duvet covers! So cute.