Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Yay and Grrr.

It's it weird that I'm stupidly excited about going from 4 followers to 7 in one day? I mean, there are people with hundreds of followers and after two years of writing this blog I finally have 7 followers! Of course, I also networked this blog to my Facebook so there are actually a lot of people who read it that I don't know about.

In any case, thank you thank you thank you to amyschmamey for the shout out and gettin' me three more! Totally made my day. :D

Now for the grr.

Have you looked at the weather radar lately? There's a HUGE blue splotch headed straight for Ohio starting with *drumroll please* Cincinnati.



Now, for most of the people I work with this is no big deal. They'll just stay home and sign on to their work computer from there and do their thing.

Then there's me. The poor girl who moved here two weeks ago, just got her final apartment on Saturday and hasn't had a chance to call the internet company to set anything up. So I, who does not get paid holidays or time off (that sounds weird grammatically) due to being a temporary employee with hourly pay gets to either brave the snow and ice and frigid temperatures tomorrow at 6:30am OR I get to forfeit eight hours of pay that I desperately need. OR I get to make up the time by working on Saturday. Assuming I have internet by Saturday. In either case, any high created by actually being mentioned in someone else's blog and gaining new people to become friends with has been blown up by this frustration.

However, to finish on a high note, I now have almost all of my stuff. I've about three more loads of dishes to do (everything is really gross after spending a year in the garage) and a bunch of boxes to dispose of and tons of organizing to do, but if I don't work tomorrow that will not be a problem.

Anywho, welcome new friends! I hope I don't bore you too badly and that you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

la petite lydia said...

I know what you mean. My blog following number jumped up thanks to Amy!

I hope that the winter storm wasn't/isn't too bad. I can't stay in when it is bad out either. My university closes for no reason. We had a severe ice storm here a few years back and the university was one of two who stayed open.

Emily B said...

Hey Lydia! Welcome :)

It wasn't THAT bad, though when I got up at 5 I checked the news and there were reports for a ton of accidents already and warnings for bad visibility and covered roads and I'm like, yeah. No thanks! However, I did make it to work today. And I know what you mean about the school! It was the same thing for me when I was in school.