Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh movies. :)

I don't know if you knew this, but Netflix and I are like this *crosses fingers*. Until I got my TV and DVD player here with me all I had was my computer and some internet I borrowed from the neighbors. I literally watched When Harry Met Sally three days in a row.

So if you're on Netflix you know how it asks you to rate movies you've seen and then it'll give you a list of movies they think you'll love. Nothing on the lists they usually give was working for me a couple days ago, so I did that rating thing. In the list of movies they offered there was this one indie flick called Keith.

I watched it.

Love at first sight.

It stars Jesse McCartney

 and Elizabeth Harnois. 

You probably know who Jesse McCartney is. He's the original Justin Beiber. Elizabeth Harnois, however, I had never heard of her. Apparently she's on One Tree Hill. But I don't really watch TV (and especially not shows like One Tree Hill) so I wouldn't have known had I not creeped all over her imdb.com page.

Yes, I admit it. I'm a creeper. But in a good way!

I also creeped Jesse McCartney's page, and I appreciated what I found. On some people's pages it says things like "dating some Russian supermodel (2004)" or "got engaged to the Queen of England (Jan 2006)" (ok, that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea) and then two months later it's over. On his, though, it's all about his music and the TV show he co-starred in for awhile. And he's, like, 23 or 24, normally the imdb pages for actors that age are smothered by that kind of junk!

While I'm at work my imagination likes to jump into overdrive so I don't go completely insane. The day after I watched this movie I had all these imagined situations where I was in L.A. for whatever reason sitting in some coffee shop with my comp waiting for a friend to finish, idk, whatever. I was singing along with the radio and Jesse McCartney happens to be there, hears me, and wants me to come with him to the recording studio so I can be on his new album or something. Pretty sure I'm the only person who does this. 

And of course I'm always the Joe Cool of meeting celebrities, never freaking out once. In my daydreams, at least. If I actually did meet someone famous I probably would be pretty low key while there. I'm not the type to have huge crushes on celebrities because, honestly, what's the point? However, I would definitely send an OMG text to my BFF the moment the situation was over.

Anywho, that's me. I'm weird. It's okay.

I also made the mistake of buying the movie on iTunes. Now there's no free way for me to burn it to disc and actually watch it on my television. Not for lack of trying, though.

Back home to my parent's house for the weekend! Unpacked all of my stuff today during the blizzard, working eight hours on Saturday. 

Cheers!

2 comments:

Gwiddle said...

I'm glad to have found your blog through amyschmamy's blog! I am looking forward to getting to know you through your blogging. ♥

Emily B said...

Thanks!! And thank you so much for following, you have no idea how much it means to me! :D