Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dreams of Change

I actually really wish I was going back to school this fall.

Ever since I was a kid, fall meant the annual ritual of learning new teachers and schedules and possibly making new friends and wearing new clothes and getting a new haircut and with it came the ever present feeling of major change.

And even now, three years since my last first day of school, fall brings with it that feeling, a feeling that I both love and hate.

I love the feeling because it grants me excess inspiration to put towards drawings or writings, etc, and I hate the feeling because it boils up my wanderlust and gets it moving and antsy. Having the feeling of change without actual change to accompany it, only the longing, is enough to drive a body crazy with cabin fever.

That being said, there are a few things I wish were happening this fall:

1. I wish I had a reason to buy school supplies. I have no plans to go back to school and I have no children. Therefore, no reason for school supplies *sigh*

2. I wish I were taking some kind of trip to a new place and meeting some new people and having awesome adventures. Once upon a sorority formal I was voted Most Likely To Go On An Adventure. Can't wait to feel like I've actually embarked.

3. I wish to free the genie, because I actually can't think of a third wish.

I also just love the smell of fall, the activities of fall (um, pumpkin carving, hello), the fall holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc), the food of fall (especially hot appled cider!) and most of all the colors of fall.

It's my most favoritest time of year, and I cannot wait for it to start!

No comments: