Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Well it's about time.

I"ll start by telling you that yesterday was a terrible day all around. I won't make you miserable by listing all of the crappiness, but it was made a little better by eating a lovely dinner with my sister and brother in-law in Columbus last night. And then getting a great night's sleep. So!

Remember the exciting news I hinted at in my previous post? Well here it is. Are you ready?

Johnny and I are renting a house in Massillon, OH.

We have the keys and everything! Finally, after so many months of answering "We're not sure yet" we can give people a real, honest to goodness answer when they ask what our plans are! 

Really this house just fell into our laps at Johnny's family reunion a few weeks ago. His cousin's wife walked up to us and said, "Hey, heard you're looking for a place, I can hook you up, yo!" ... or something like that. Basically they own a house, they've rented it before, it has brand new carpet and cabinets and linoleum and a claw foot bath tub. It's not air conditioned but so what? It's only 10 minutes from Johnny's work and, as his cousin's wife is a bailiff, she's got major connections and said for me to shoot her my resume and she'll pass it around at work. There's a chance that I could keep my current job and work from home, but it's nice to have other options in case that one doesn't work out. 


No pictures of the kitchen because it's a giant mess right now. 
But that's my exciting news!! And the fact that my dad didn't make 'The Face' and start questioning my budget, the wisdom of this idea, whether we had really thought about it before making the decision, and then telling me I'm 25 and almost married and can make my own decisions (all of which usually tells me he thinks I'm making the wrong one) tells me that we have his blessing in this and I'm SOO glad! 

And now comes the work... over the next six weeks I will be packing up my apartment into boxes, filling up my car and driving to Massillon to toss it all into the house so that when the wedding comes all we have to get is my furniture and then most of the wedding money we're given will go to buying out my lease. But it will all be SO worth it!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

congrats!

I love when things fall in place. In 2008, Bob and I had to move in two weeks. With 3 kids and school was starting in less than a week.

But we did and we sign another lease this month.