Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Aaaaannnndd....

Time just keeps getting shorter! Only 17 days till the wedding now, the RSVP deadline is this Saturday, as is my final shower. My bosses are leaning towards a "yes" for me working from home (um, can you say 'score!'?) and there's only a couple of trips left for my apartment to be empty. Every night this week will be spent packing everything up room by room. I've already done my bedroom and the living room. Tonight I tackle the bathroom and the kitchen, since the bathroom won't take long. I bought bubble wrap for my breakables and Johnny and I have spent time trying to figure exactly what pieces of furniture will fit in our cars so we can get it up to the house without having to drive the truck all the way down here. However, I have a feeling that the truck will be in my near future...

Be that as it may, on my drive home Sunday it suddenly struck me that the boys are wearing brown dress shirts and Johnny is wearing a brown tux... but what if the two shades don't mix well? What if Johnny's tux isn't a warm enough brown and they just clash when standing next to each other? And what if I don't have enough flowers? Who will start the fire before everyone gets to the reception? We need to make a playlist! And buy bubbles, where did Anne get her bubbles? What if the flowers and other decorations for the reception don't look good and it just looks like my crazy brain exploded all over the inside of a tent? What if no one has fun because we're not having dancing?!? On and on and on and on and ever since then I've been a crazy person. I was so wired by the time I got back to Cinci that I couldn't fall asleep and had to read a book to calm myself down.

I've been running every day I can because a.) the weather is gorgeousness and b.) it helps to de-stress while giving me energy and motivation to get stuff done. This whole wedding thing is stressful. As is moving without a moving truck, waiting to hear whether I have to quit my job, and knowing that in 17 days this will all be over and everything will calm down. So I'll just take this one day at a time...

1 comment:

Jenny N said...

oh no! Don't stress :) If anything goes wrong, I bet you won't even notice.