Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Times Like These...

Last night was a bad night, so I took myself on a date with my book to Panera Bread for some soup, bread, lemonade and a nice fire.

As I was leaving my apartment I heard the strains of guitar coming from a nearby apartment. I have no idea who was playing or what was being played, all I knew was that I loved it and that it was my mood exactly. Which, by the way, never happens.

www.christchurchmusic.org
And even though I really needed to get going all I wanted to do was find the door behind which the guitar was being played and just sit there and listen.

Of course I didn't, but it made me long, once again, for the millionth time, for an acoustic guitar. I have vague knowledge of how to play the guitar, and I pick things up fairly easily so I'm sure if I had one and sat down with some patient person, like my bro in-law Derrick, I would learn it pretty quickly.

I just love the sound of acoustic guitar, all by itself... that's my favorite kind of music. For example, I love love the soundtrack to Dan in Real Life because the whole thing is unpresumptuous guitar. Give me a guy on a stage with a voice and guitar and I'm in heaven. Or in love. Take your pick.

Really it would just be lovely to be able to MAKE the music that I FEEL. Because I can never find a song that quite fits my mood and honestly, sometimes, you really just need a song.

1 comment:

amyschmamey said...

Great blog post. I love music and the idea of making my own. I wish I had the dedication and commitment to learn how to play an instrument, I just don't. I do love to hear others play though. My hubs plays the guitar and it's one of the things that brought us together. :)