Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Moving

All of my hard work has paid off and I recieved a call last week from my boss asking how soon I intended to move down to Cincinnati because I was going to be moved from just a work-from-home-temp into a temp-to-hire in a different department. I have to move to Cincinnati by Nov 29th! So of course this means extended conversations with my fiance about how we're going to make this work, asking for help from my Cincy friends on where on earth I could live, looking online, figuring a budget, saving as much of my money as I can until I move so I have a bit of a buffer, etc etc. I'll admit, it's really stressful! But I'm also really excited. The last time I spent an extended period down there was a really great experience and I can't wait to be back there getting reacquainted with those people I met before. PLUS (this is my favorite part) I'll have normal working hours and nights off. SO EXCITED!

On a different note, my poor fiance has had a rough month or so at the new job he took the day before my surgery. He gets up at 3am or earlier so he can be there by 4:30 and sometimes ends up working until 5 or later! It's ridiculous and it's killing not just his energy but also his spirit and it's rather contagious. This morning he called after his first delivery to tell me he has a meeting tomorrow at the store he used to manage and we're both hopeful that they'll take him back, not necessarily as the manager but as something, anything. This in itself will make it easier for him to move to Cincy with me after the wedding, if that's what we decide we want to do. He will also be happier with set hours, more time for sleep, for life, and I'm really excited for him.

Happier note, on Halloween the only seasonal activity my dear Clyde and I got to do was bake some pumpkin-shaped ginger cookies and then frost and decorate them with candy corn, sprinkles and red crystals. SO fun, and very tasty!



Hope you're having a great week!

No comments: