Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dreams

I had a really odd, very realistic dream last night that I actually remember still.

There was this guy, named Adam, who was an exceptional dancer. We were at a building, could have been an apartment building or a college dorm, I'm not sure, along with hundreds of other people. We were close, and we were in some kind of performance. As the large group of us were getting ready to perform someone who looked significantly like Sookie from Gilmore Girls rushed up to tell us the town was on fire. Immediately we scattered. I couldn't find Adam, and became terrified. Suddenly I was carrying boxes outside and packing up my car and struggling not to cry. I apparently had found Adam because he was helping. As I packed I saw the town below us flicker with orange light. My stuff was all packed and Adam disappeared again. I wandered across the front lawn of the building toward the town when small animal attacked me and fastened its jaws around my index finger. I couldn't get it off no matter how hard I tried when suddenly my cat, Joey, appeared and scared the creature away. My finger was painful and badly bruised and I lay down on the ground holding back tears. Adam had disappeared, we all had to leave due to the fire and I felt entirely hopeless. Joey came back and I held him to my chest and sobbed brokenly.

Then I woke up.

No comments: